WORK WITH US
At Immersive Tech we design and build interactive experiences that facilitate "play". Whether it's a museum exhibit, a narrative-based escape room, or a digital team-building game, we ensure everything is designed to maximize player enjoyment.
Our Downtown Vancouver team is as diverse as the experiences we create, and we strive to create an inclusive, respectful, good-humoured working environment where every employee has a voice in the creation process. We're looking to expand our team with passionate individuals who can meet the challenge of a fast-paced working environment. If that sounds like you, please get in touch.
+ UI/UX Designer
Vancouver, Canada - Full Time / Part-Time - Contract
We're looking for an experienced, well-rounded UI/UX designer with a keen eye for detail to join our diverse team in Gastown, Vancouver. Our ideal candidate uses critical thinking to solve complex design problems, and exhibits a thorough understanding of design principles for use in multiple contexts.
At Immersive Tech, we ensure that all of our work facilitates the best gameplay experience for our players. You'll help to set a new standard for design in our fast-growing industry. If that sounds like something you're ready for, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
- Designing effective UI/UX systems for interactive experiences
- Working with the Art Department lead to ensure the visual design supports the gameplay objectives
- Being a valuable member of the team by contributing to multi-disciplinary meetings, brainstorms, critiques, and post-mortems
- Work with clients, third-party contractors, suppliers
- Experience working in a graphic design, or UI/UX position
- A thorough understanding of Adobe Creative Suite programs
- A formal education at an accredited design program, or equivalent training
- Demonstrate an understanding of design, UI, and typographic principles, such as colour, heirarchy, feedback, clarity, and contrast
- A commitment to the objectives of the design brief, while demonstrating your own creative problem solving
- Continuously engaged with new design approaches and technologies, and actively seeking to improve your skillset.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concerns, goals, and viewpoints of other departments and project stakeholders.
Nice to Haves
- Displays an aptitude for illustration in digital contexts
- An interest in games or interactive experiences of all kinds
- Demonstrate a variety of visual styles in your work
- Designed real-world experiences before, such as experiential marketing or wayfinding
- Experience with print production, file-prep, and file management
- Has used project-tracking software (eg. Basecamp, Avaza, Asana, Trello)
- Experience in animation for User Interfaces
- Experience in a game studio environment
- Experience in design for VR/AR
Immmersive Tech offers competitive compensation and is committed to work-life balance. We continuously strive to create workplace in which individual differences are recognized and respected.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your application email, please include salary expectations and a cover letter. Be sure to mention that you love dogs, and link to or attach your portfolio and resume. Include "Graphic Designer" in the email subject.
We thank all those who apply, but will only contact those who qualify for an interview.
+ Scenic Painter
Vernon, Canada - Full-time / Part-Time
The Scenic Painter is responsible for the day-to-day production of the Theme/Paint Shop. This role coordinates workload among Immersive Tech’s departments, assigns daily and weekly work to their staff, helps devise a budget for materials and labor related to various jobs from small props through fully themed environments, and partners with the client to verify and confirm design/theme approach for the approved work. The Scenic Painter is responsible for ensuring all production is completed safely, efficiently, in a timely manner, and confirms the quality of the final product meets Immersive Tech standards.
- Perform and supervise 3D sculpting, casting, mold making, and theme painting using multiple mediums and materials; e.g., FRP, GFRG, butyrate, latex, oil base products, silicone, adhesives, urethanes, poly-mixes, acrythanes, and enamels.
- Conceptualize and interpret blueprints/drawings to meet design/theme intent.
- Collaborate with clients, designers, and other shop staff to ensure quality of work is completed within the proper budget/time restraints and meets initial design intent.
- Satisfy all theming components either with current skills, through subcontractor partnerships, or recommends a path to bring those skills or components in house.
- Assist with Immersive Tech’s growth from small to large in-house theming capabilities.
- Create material finishes from undocumented sources, as well as from documented sources and field samples, with a detailed operating procedure or log to duplicate the procedure and steps for future preparation/use.
- Develop process for product restoration and reproduction. Ability to repair/remove imperfections and conduct research (historical/cultural) to ensure authenticity is maintained and the process can be reproduced for future maintenance. Solve complicated concepts or challenges for fabrication with creativity and independent thinking.
- Coordinate projects and schedules with the Production Manager and Project Managers. Ensure project success through early detection of critical paths, lead times, and project risks.
- Assist with bidding of future work and departmental growth.
- Coordinate and manage the materials and supplies needed for project completion.
- Cross train and develop team members’ skill set to establish and maintain a positive and cooperative work environment.
- Ensure proper safety practices/procedures are used, including identification and proper disposal of hazardous/toxic liquids or materials.
- Conduct performance reviews and demonstrates both leadership and management skills
- High school diploma or GED
- Knowledge of design principles (line, color, shape, form, value, space and texture).
- Knowledge of color theory and ability to mix and match color swatches.
- Knowledge of project management lifecycle from conception to realization.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Knowledge of print systems and graphic programs such as AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator would be beneficial, but not required.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in painting and/or scenic production with a portfolio reflecting past work experiences and projects of their work.
Other Skills, Ability and/or Knowledge
- Must communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of external professionals and in-house staff.
- Must be a creative thinker and problem solver with strong technical ability with various design techniques/tools to resolve issues as they arise with possible limited work times and resources.
- Must be flexible and versatile, able to work with imagination and ingenuity.
- Must have solid organizational skills including attention to detail, managing staff and budgets.
- Must be able to multi-task while balancing changing priorities and challenges.
- Must be able to perform and manage work in a shop and/or field environment.
- Must have a clean driving record with a valid license.
Thanks in advance to all those who apply, but we will only contact those who qualify for an interview. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Email resumes and cover letters to email@example.com. Include SCENIC PAINTER in email subject.
+ Sales Representative
Vancouver, Canada - Full Time - Contract
Immersive Tech is looking for a Sales Representative to assist us in the production of new and exciting experiences.
- Achieve your sales targets and develop new business through effective selling of products and services to new and existing customers
- Prospect for leads and build a pipeline through a variety of techniques including heavy cold-calling
- Negotiate with customers to secure profitable rates and client satisfaction; collaborate with team members to secure the terms of sale (negotiating rates, confirming scope and timelines, etc.)
- Grow and maintain relationships with current customers to uncover new opportunities
- Maintain a strong understanding of the industry including trends, new opportunities and best practices
- Update internal tracking and reporting systems throughout the day for maintaining accuracy in sales and volume
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of professional experience
Nice to Have
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of experience in a high-sales environment
- Experience presenting information and data in a sales environment
- Self-motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision or in * team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
Thanks in advance to all those who apply, but we will only contact those who qualify for a phone interview.
Email resumes, salary expectations and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention you love cats in your email. Include SALES REP in email subject.